ABOUT SQUASH ACADEMY IN MAURITIUS
Vanessa Florens, Coach Federal and her sister Diane (Florens Squash Academy) have created 2 poles of squash in Mauritius. One at the Tamarin Squash Club and the other at the Dodo Club Curepipe. They currently teach the discipline to about 25 children from 7 to 17 years old.
They planned to open another pole in the North Region in early summer 2019.
For 2 consecutive years, they have done squash initiations in many schools on the island and they will do it again this year during the Island Games 2019.
ABOUT THE BABY SQUASH
Children from 4 to 7 years old
– Age suitable for acquiring basic motor skills and discovering one’s body, rhythm and space.
– Children of this age are generally eager for movement and play.
– Various activities must be maximized to provide him with a wide range of varied motor skills that stimulate his imagination.
– Self-esteem must be developed through success, the result of progressive work
– Introduce children aged 4 to 7 years old for one hour per week through activities conducted on a squash court.
– The walls are the guarantors of the return of the ball
– general motricity,
– manual skills,
– gestural coordination,
– segmental independence
– and learning trajectories
Equipment (racket, ball) and language adapted
– The place is closed and furnished
– Use of foam or blue balls
– Protective glasses